Statement of Commitment
Grand Prix Yachting is committed to protecting the personal information entrusted to us. Grand Prix Yachting has a strong commitment to maintaining the security and integrity of personal information within our care. We endorse the Australian Privacy Principles contained within the Privacy Act 1988.
- Give individuals a better understanding of the sort of personal information that Grand Prix Yachting holds and the way we handle that information.
- Clearly communicate the personal information handling practises of Grand Prix Yachting.
- Enhance the transparency of Grand Prix Yachting’s operations.
- Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identified whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material format or not.
We have addressed how we manage the personal information of customers, employees and suppliers separately below.
Grand Prix Yachting respects the rights of individuals to determine to whom they give their personal information and how it their information is used.
Our customer’s privacy is very important to us and we will value the trust you place in us in giving us your personal information. We take these responsibilities seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your information and using it for the purpose for which you have entrusted it to us.
What information we collect
We collect a range of information from our customers that is directly related to the products and services you choose. Where we wish to use the information for other purposes we will seek your agreement beforehand.
The kind of information we collect can include:
- Name, contact details, location, demographic information such as gender and age.
- Health and medical information relevant to activities such as snorkelling, participating in vessel operation.
- Information from browsers when you visit our websites, such as server address, domain name, the pages you visited, the page you came from, the type of browser and selected information for statistical purposes.
- Financial information. This includes credit card details and/or bank account details.
Using personal information
We use personal information to better understand our customers’ interests and needs, to complete transactions and orders and to offer an ever-improving quality range of products.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- Provide, deliver, source, administer, improve and personalise our products and services.
- Process payments and provide refunds and discounts.
- Enable our third party service providers with IT products and services, carry out product reviews, data processing, data analysis, business consulting auditing, archiving, printing, delivery and mailing services.
- Provide more relevant marketing offers through direct marketing, database compilation, market research, data analysis, and the processing or creation of other marketing information
- Communicating with customers including cancellations, itinerary or activity amendments and responding to queries.
- Fraud prevention and credit checks.
- Develop and expand our operations to better suit our customers’ needs, such as planning for future products and services.
- Maintaining and keeping our customers’ information current and as accurate as possible.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties unless we are permitted to do so by law or you have given us your consent to do so.
Third parties we may disclose personal information to include:
- Our related companies and business partners.
- Our service providers, including major delivery companies, mail houses and third party fulfillment contractors, e.g. Facebook, Google, LinkedIn.
- Payment system operators and financial institutions.
- Government agencies.
We take active steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access or use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse.
Grand Prix Yachting Website
The enquiry portal through the website is designed to be as simple as possible, while still providing security and privacy for your details. You can pay for services using a credit or debit card and we only store your credit card details where absolutely necessary to process your payment securely. Credit Card details are held in encrypted form and our system complies to the highest security standards prescribed for data of this kind. Grand Prix Yachting utilises the services of Stripe to ensure that this standard of security is met. For further details please visit https://stripe.com/au.
Email subscription list
We currently have an electronic direct marketing (eDM) email list which provides marketing offers to subscribers. If you elect to subscribe to our eDM, these services will be provided to you to communicate product information, special events and offers. Our email subscription list is an ‘opt-in’ system. You may unsubscribe easily by clicking in the unsubscribe link that appears in all our marketing communication to you.
We will never knowingly send you electronic messages without your consent.
For more information on the Spam Act 2003 please visit http://www7.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdb/au/legis/cth/consol_act/sa200366/
You may opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by viewing our website in incognito mode and/or contacting us at email@example.com. Additionally, you may alter your online preferences at http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au/opt-out/.
It is important to note that If you choose to turn off online behavioural advertising you will still see advertising on the internet. However, it does mean that the advertising you see on websites may not be tailored to your likely interests or preferences on the web browser you are currently using.).
Grand Prix Yachting collects personal information from current, future and past employees directly and from third parties who have agreed to human resources-related services.
We may collect sensitive information such as information about your health where necessary. Grand Prix Yachting uses this information to provide employee-related services like Remuneration & Payroll, Injury Support, Recruitment.
We collect personal information from job applicants directly, from third parties who have agreed to provide those applicants with a professional or personal reference and from organisations which provide recruitment related services to Grand Prix Yachting. Grand Prix Yachting also relies on word of mouth and personal referrals in recruitment activities.
When you apply for enrolment and include such information we collect and use this information for the purpose provided.
The kind of information we may collect includes your name, address, contact details, employment and academic histories, WorkCover reports relating to your ability to perform the inherent duties of the role applied for, and the names and contact details of your referees.
What information we collect and how we use it.
If you send an application or resume for a job, we will use your personal information (including, where necessary, sensitive information such as information relating to your health) to assess your application and may disclose this information to recruitment agencies and other third party service providers for purposes such as aptitude, psychological and medical testing.
Grand Prix Yachting may use this feedback and results from such third party services in making current and future employment decisions.
Grand Prix Yachting will use information you provided regarding your prior employment history to seek further information about you from a referee.
Grand Prix Yachting uses recruitment-related information for
- Communicating with employment candidates, including responding to queries and complaints.
- Undertaking market research, data analysis, candidate profiles and recruitment outcomes.
Grand Prix Yachting collects information from suppliers in relation to the sourcing and purchase of its products, and provisions of services to Grand Prix Yachting or its guests. This information is collected for business-related purposes, but does contain some limited personal information related to the name and contact details of the people that we deal with.
This information is usually collected directly from the supplier but may also be provided by third party sourcing agencies or business contacts.
Grand Prix Yachting will hold this information securely and will only disclose this information for business-related purposes.
This information is used for activities such as
- Sourcing and acquiring products and services for Grand Prix Yachting.
- Product innovation and quality control.
- Communicating with suppliers.
- Investigation of complaints.
- Maintaining and keeping our suppliers’ information current and as accurate as possible.
QUERIES COMPLAINTS ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You have a right to request access to your personal information held by us and to request its correction. If you wish to do so please use the contact details below.
If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Queries, complaints, requests for access to or correction of personal information can be sent to
Grand Prix Yachting
PO Box 119
Airlie Beach, QLD, 4802
P +61 412 609777